The Worship Ministry’s main role is to lead the congregation in praises and worship through song to God during the Sunday Services at 11:00. However, we also minister during other services, outdoor evangelism and various other events that we feel are in line with our mandate.
Our desire for each session of ministry is that the congregation would encounter the presence of God, that lives would be transformed, that the miraculous would happen, that the congregation would be ignited into a relentless outburst of praise and worship unto the Lord.
We therefore totally depend on the Holy Spirit to lead each and every session.
For us to effectively reach our goals, it is important for each member of the team to:
- Be born again
- Have a living and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Be musically inclined
- Have a teachable spirit
- Be willing to grow in tune and sensitivity to the Holy Spirit
- Be accountable to each other as we build a bond of love, trust and strength.
We currently meet every Friday at 18:00 to pray, practice and share the word of God.
Furthermore, we meet before every Sunday Service at 9:00.
One should therefore be able and willing to dedicate these times to serve without reservation.
Below are the two main areas:
Our fantastic musicians love the Lord and serve Him with all their hearts. These are people gifted in playing a musical instrument. So far we have the accompaniment of the piano/keyboard, drums, guitar, bass guitar and saxophone on occasion.
If you are gifted in playing the above or any other instrument and desire to join us, do not hesitate to fill in the form in our contact page specifying what you are interested in and we will get back to you.
Together with the points above, it is important that as a singer, you are able to keep a key and are disciplined and responsible for your voice-health and personal times of practice.
Our singers enthusiastically lead the congregation in various styles and genres of worship…very flexible!
What a normal week looks like:
- The leader chooses the songs and sends to the whole team by Wednesday.
- The team members are given ample time to learn unknown songs which helps in having a smooth practice session on Friday. This practice session takes between 2-3hours.
- On Sunday, the whole team meets at 9:00 for a time of prayer and practice. The service starts at 11:00 and ends at 12:30 with a short briefing in preparation for the next week.
If you are a singer and are interested in joining the worship singers, you are welcome to fill in the form on our contact page and we will get back to you.
Are you interested in singing? Do you want to be a part of Christmas choir? You are welcome for the kick-off, this month, on Wednesday the 19th @ 19:00. Practice sessions will be every Wednesday all the way to the day of the concert, December 17th. We will have two shows on that day.